District 18/19 needs volunteers to help organize the numerous open commitment slots at several grateful local treatment and health care facilities. Visiting these facilities and carrying the message to those who are still struggling can be the most fulfilling work a sober alcoholic can do. Hearing a message of hope from those who are successfully recovering from your same disease can often be the final sigh of surrender to a new life.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Treatment Committee, or taking a leadership role, we need your help in:
- Contacting treatment facilities for information on:
- when they have incoming commitments
- how many of those slots are filled and by which groups
- when they have openings.
- Reaching out to groups that may be willing to take a regularly scheduled commitment at a treatment facility
- Continuing to communicate with both treatment facilities and groups to ensure the commitments are being fulfilled.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer in this most special and important work.
Below is a list of all of the facilities that our District has worked with in the past. Districts 18 & 19 are not affiliated with any of these facilities, nor should this information be taken as promotion of these facilities or their services.
If you or your group is interested in committing to bring a meeting once a month to a facility, please send an email to email@example.com and someone will help you with the following:
- Understanding what each facility is like and what to expect upon arrival
- What to expect at the meeting
- Exchanging contact information with the facility
- Handling any issues with the meetings and/or facilities
- Visiting your group’s business meeting to answer questions about commitments
- Lahey Health Behavioral Services Danvers (CAB Danvers)
- Leland Unit at Beverly Hospital
- 7 East Inpatient Unit at Salem Hospital
- Recovery Centers of America at Danvers
- Brentwood Rehabilitation Centers & Healthcare Center in Danvers